Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday at last

Well here it is Friday at last. My weekend will be busy as usual. My wife has been shopping for living room furniture so I am sure part of my weekend will be spent hauling furniture around town, trying to turn couches in impossible angles to get them in the front door. I just hope she gets a comfortable couch because I will probably need it when I'm done.

Being a semi-amature musician, I plan to spend Sunday in Luckenbach Texas playing guitar with a few friends.......about 2000 of them if they all show up. Actually it's a benefit called "Pick'in For The Record" to help returning vets with brain injuries to receive guitar lessons and other music therapy. You can check out their website here. http://www.voicesofagratefulnation.org/. The goal is to beat the previous record set in Germany of 1800 guitar players playing at one time. So we are shooting for 2000. 1600 had signed up to do it as of yesterday. We're trying to get into the Guinness World Record book and make some money for a charity at the same time. You get a free T shirt too and some kind of dog tags. Far out. Should be cool and a nightmare at the same time. I haven't had a cool nightmare since I was taking that quit smoking drug Chantix. Anyhoo, we are going to be playing two songs. This Land Is Your Land and the Luckenbach Texas song. I still haven't learned them yet. I guess I should, or maybe I'll just fake it. Wouldn't it be a drag if we just had enough people to break the record and when we got though playing the Guinness referee or whatever said "Hey that Dude up there was fakin it" "No deal, No record your disqualified." Can you imagine 2000 guitar players chasing me around Luckenbach trying to kabong me on the head with their guitars. Talk about your un-cool nightmares.

Tune in next week for more adventures of SnappyBob!

No comments:

Post a Comment