Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Could'a, Would'a, Should'a Had a V-8

I like V-8 juice. I like V-8 juice a lot. I like V-8 juice in the morning. Sometimes I like V-8 juice in the afternoon. Sometimes I like V-8 juice too much. Sometimes I get V-8 cravings and I just have to get some. This morning was one of those times. I was at work and it was around break time anyway, well, plus or minus an hour or so. There is a sleazy convenience store across the street so I nonchalantly get in my truck to go score a can of V-8 from the sleazy store across the street but then I started to have second thoughts. Like, how long has this bottle of V-8 been sitting on the shelf of the sleazy store? I could check the expiration date if they have one but even if they do who's to say that what's his name that runs the place ( I can't ever remember his name but it sounds like -Yabba Dabba Doo- or something) hasn't been using some sleazy store technology to change the expiration dates. So I decide to go to the less sleazy store a few blocks away. When I go in I find that, as usual all they have is V-8 Hot & Spicy or one of the other flavors like V-8 Fusion blueberry or pomegranate or whatever. So, I've gone this far, I might as well go to the store that is a clone of this store down the street. Same deal, no regular V-8 just the trendy stuff that obviously nobody buys since that's all they have left and all the regular is gone. I am getting really tired of seeing only "Spicy Hot" and I'm starting to feel sorta spicy hot by this time. My last chance was to go down the street to a Walgreens. Surely they will have it. NOPE! SPICEY HOT!!!!!!! OK That's it. I'm not going to get my V-8 today. So I start driving back to work and realize I've made a big circle and will wind up driving right by the sleazy convenience store across from my work. I've been to 3 places already and nobody has it but I have to try. Sure enough they have it. I can't find an expiration date. Maybe Yabba Dabba Doo rubbed it off. Anyway I buy it and they charge me sales tax. Are they supposed to charge sales tax on juice? I told you they were sleazy.

Don't forget your V-8.

Hey they even have soup.

http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment